Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Take this job and...

work it.
Late this afternoon I received a call regarding the interview that I mentioned here. It turns out that the firm had been swamped with trials and it had just taken them longer than they anticipated to review all of the candidates and make their final decision. They made me an offer and want me to start immediately at the beginning of next week. The job will involve a lot of trial work and I'll be spending most of my time in the courtroom, which is where I tend to find the most challenge and personal fulfillment.

I have to hurry up and finish getting everything ready before I fly out to Chicago tomorrow to attend the 9th Annual Improv Festival. I'm scheduled to return to Philadelphia late on Sunday night, and then bright and early Monday morning I'll be throwing on a suit and tie and heading downtown to get right to work.

Oh, and to commemorate this special occasion I would like to take a moment to convey a heartfelt message to one individual in particular as a follow-up to this post:

Kiss off, Donald...

I'm hired.