Thursday, June 29, 2006

HNT(25) Beneath the surface...

Last week I got a tattoo.

(***click on the photo to see where***)

I chose the Chinese symbol for 'destiny.'

I do believe that things happen for a reason sometimes.

Not that there's someone up there pulling the strings...

But every now and then particular events can come along and have a big impact on a person's life.

And the way that they respond during those moments can make a real difference in where they go from there.

I decided to get a tattoo now because I wanted to express on the outside the things I've been feeling within, particularly when it comes to relationships.

I've felt myself being drawn to a different type than I've usually been in, away from the traditional & conventional kind, and towards something with more intensity and less inhibition.

I've made some missteps along the way as I've tried to find the right balance.

But I look at it as part of a journey.

And make sure that I take something positive from each situation, and use it to become the best person that I can be going forward.

So when the next opportunity comes along, I'll be aware in the moment of the places that I have been, while I look ahead to the place where I'd like to be.

No one is pulling the strings.

It's up to each of us to make our own destiny.

hhnt.
-----------------------------------------
HNTbutton