Monday, November 13, 2006

a new chapter...

When this blog started a year ago, it was meant to be place where I could write about humor & improvisation as a fun diversion. In the beginning I just enjoyed the chance to be creative again. But over time, writing also became a cathartic way to come to terms with some of the things that had happened in my life so far.

As the one-year anniversary approached, it felt like the right point to bring closure this blog. I'm going to take some time to work on some of these posts and bring them together into a single collection to send to an online self-publishing service. In about six weeks, I hope to have a professionally-bound book that I'll be able to hold in my hands and give to friends and family, or even make available for people to get online.

At some point, I’ll probably start another blog with a different name, but I will keep these archives and this email address still up and running. In the meantime, I want to spend more time visiting and commenting on the blogs of people who have commented here. I sincerely regret not making more of an effort to acknowledge the many encouraging and heartfelt things that have been written after these posts. It's something that I have already begun to try to correct.

Thanks to everyone who came by and spent some time here. It truly has meant more to me than words can possibly express.