Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"They say 41 is the new 27..."

Long time, no blog.

Some pretty serious events have taken place in my life recently, and my focus has been elsewhere. I just haven't been able to come up with the right words to post or comment during the past few months.

But, since today is my birthday--I thought it might be a good time to try to start. Plus, I was kinda getting tired of seeing that same old post from Christmas everytime I signed on...

I've checked the math several times to see if I made some mistake carrying the '1', but it would appear that today I officially turn 41.

At least, chronologically. In my mind, I still feel like I'm in my late 20's.

Last year, a few people asked if I was bothered by the fact that I was turning 40. I pointed out that by the time I was 29, I had already graduated law school, gotten married, had a child, was widowed, and became a single parent.

So, no-turning 40 wasn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. At this point, I figure my next big milestone is retirement at 65, and then it's a lifetime of discounted movie tickets...

Age is a state of mind--it might be a cliche but I really do believe that you're as young as you feel. And these days, I don't feel a day over 27.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my arthritis pill. My fingers are aching from all the typing on this new-fangled computer thing.

Actually, now that I think about it--it felt pretty good getting behind a keyboard again...